5 ways to experience Hidden Door for FREE
May 18, 2017
It’s important to us that everyone can experience Hidden Door. Here’s five ways that we’re making sure as many people as possible can come and explore…
1 – It’s already free during the day!
We’ll be open every day at noon from Saturday 27 May to Sunday 4 June and entry is completely FREE. If you want to stay beyond 6pm in the evenings you’ll need a ticket, but that still leaves you plenty of time to explore the wonderful theatre with all its art and various day time performances and screenings.
2 – If you volunteer, you can get a free pass
Hidden Door is 100% non-profit and volunteer run – and we need all the help we can get! Anyone volunteering to help before, during and after the festival gets a variety of perks including, if you do enough shifts, a full festival pass as a thank you!
3 – Try your luck in a competition
Keep an eye out for various competitions running now until the festival starts, including:
- Sign up to our launch night Thunderclap for a pretty good chance to win tickets and other goodies
- Our opening weekend collaborators, The List, are giving away 2 festival passes
- One of our funders, The National Lottery (through Creative Scotland) are also giving away 2 free passes
- We’re proud to have donated some prize tickets to guests of Edinburgh Soup next Thursday 25 May
- Lothian Buses will be giving away tickets via their Twitter account
- If you’re a member of the fab Travel Massive, they’re joining us on Wed 31 May
- Finally, keep an eye out for these luggage tags around town. Some have free tickets, drinks, T-shirts and bags as a prize!
4 – We’re looking for bar staff
Hidden Door has some of the most unique, hand-crafted bars around, and we need equally awesome staff to run them. If you have experience and a personal license, what better way to be right in the heart of the action!
5 – We’ve got free tickets for local residents and charities
Finally, we’ve allocated loads of free tickets to local residents, community groups and charities, in a bid to ensure as many people as possible from the surrounding area can come along and see the stunning old theatre and everything we’ve filled it with.
So you see, there’s really no excuse. We hope to see you there!