Call for Volunteers
January 29, 2018
We’re getting ready for another Hidden Door Festival and we need your help to build and run it!
Hidden Door Festival showcases theatre, cinema, spoken word, visual art, dance and music by local and international artists, and aims to create a platform showcasing the arts to a wide audience. This year the festival will take place from the 25th of May until the 3rd of June. We are really excited to be returning to the spectacular Old Leith Theatre for Hidden Door Festival 2018, as well as expanding to a second venue, the former State Cinema which is just around the corner.
So that’s where you come in! Hidden Door Festival is completely volunteer led so we need your help to make it happen. Once again we are looking for friendly faces to help us with a range of tasks and activities, and make this the most exciting Hidden Door Festival yet.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members for a range of duties before, during and after the festival such as:
- Event stewarding and crowd control
- Invigilating on site artwork
- Box office
- Stage management and artists’ support
- Venue building and set up
- Great perks including a free festival pass worth £99 for the duration of the festival
- The chance to work with an experienced team and learn new skills
- An opportunity to get involved in the local arts scene and work with a great lineup of artists and contributors
- Be a part of the HD Festival team, make friends and meet new people
- Food and soft drinks on shift and discounts in bars and food stalls
If you’re interested in being part of the Hidden Door Festival team, please fill in the submission form on the following link with a brief blurb about what you do, your interests, why you’d like to volunteer, and your availability. There will be some late shifts and weekend working over the festival. We’re really excited to hear from anyone who’s interested so give us a shout! And we look forward to meeting you at our first get together in March.