Call for volunteers
February 3, 2017
It’s that time of the year again – we are looking for volunteers to help run this year’s Hidden Door Festival!
Hidden Door Festival showcases theatre, cinema, spoken word, visual art and music by local and international artists and aims to create a platform showcasing the arts to a wide ranging audience. This year the festival will take place from the 26th of May until the 4th of June and we are really excited to be moving to the renowned Old Leith Theatre as a venue for Hidden Door Festival 2017. The building is currently derelict as it has been closed since 1988 so there’s a lot to do!
So this is where you come in! Hidden Door Festival is 100% run by volunteers so we need your help to make it happen! We are looking for friendly and happy faces to help us with a range of jobs and make this the most exciting Hidden Door Festival we have ever had.
- Great perks including a free festival pass worth £120 for the duration of the festival
- Opportunities to meet new people including a great line up of artists and contributors
- Chance to work with an experienced team and learn new skills
- Reviving the venue where AC/DC, Kraftwerk and The Wombles have all performed
- Food and soft drinks on shift and discounts at the bars and food stalls
We’re looking for self-motivated team members for a range of duties before, during and after the festival:
- Event stewarding and crowd control
- Invigilating on site artwork
- Box office
- Help the tech team with sound and lighting
- Stage management
- Venue clean up
- Construction and DIY
- Photography and documentation
If you are interested in being part of the Hidden Door Festival, please send us an email with the duties that you would like to get involved in, why you’d like to volunteer and any relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. There may be some late shifts and weekend working over the festival. We are really excited to hear from anyone interested and we’re looking forward to meeting you for our first get together in March!
Deadline for applications is Friday 17 March 2017.